[OSM-legal-talk] Review of IndianaMap as potential datasource

Eric Jiang eric at doublemap.com
Fri Apr 18 15:01:31 UTC 2014

Greetings,
I am interested in better data for Indiana, USA, and would like to
have someone else double-check that there are no legal/policy issues
with using GIS data from IndianaMap[1] in OSM. I talked to one of
their employees over the phone, and he said that the data is
completely public, with no usage or attribution requirements or
restrictions, and specifically confirmed that using it in OSM is OK.
Terms on the metadata for what I'm interested in seem to say the
same[2].

Basically, I want to get a confirmation from more experienced OSM
contributors before I explore the feasibility of importing any of this
data. There might be general issues that I'm not aware of yet.

[1] http://www.indianamap.org/resources.php
[2] http://maps.indiana.edu/metadata/Reference/Land_Parcels_County_IDHS.html

Thanks!
--
Eric Jiang, DoubleMap
Suite 300W | 748 E. Bates Street | Indianapolis, IN 46202