[OSM-legal-talk] Review of IndianaMap as potential datasource

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 18 17:02:43 UTC 2014

the wikipedia has a nice otrs system, I supposed you could use it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:OTRS

so let them sign something that allows the data to be used by wikipedia and
that should cover osm as well.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Eric Jiang <eric at doublemap.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
> I am interested in better data for Indiana, USA, and would like to
> have someone else double-check that there are no legal/policy issues
> with using GIS data from IndianaMap[1] in OSM. I talked to one of
> their employees over the phone, and he said that the data is
> completely public, with no usage or attribution requirements or
> restrictions, and specifically confirmed that using it in OSM is OK.
> Terms on the metadata for what I'm interested in seem to say the
> same[2].
>
> Basically, I want to get a confirmation from more experienced OSM
> contributors before I explore the feasibility of importing any of this
> data. There might be general issues that I'm not aware of yet.
>
> [1] http://www.indianamap.org/resources.php
> [2]
> http://maps.indiana.edu/metadata/Reference/Land_Parcels_County_IDHS.html
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Eric Jiang, DoubleMap
> Suite 300W | 748 E. Bates Street | Indianapolis, IN 46202
> www.doublemap.com | Office +1(855) 463-6655

James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://www.flossk.org
Saving Wikipedia(tm) articles from deletion http://SpeedyDeletion.wikia.com