[OSM-legal-talk] Review of IndianaMap as potential datasource

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sat Apr 19 01:00:59 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Mike  Dupont
<jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:
> the wikipedia has a nice otrs system, I supposed you could use it
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:OTRS
>
> so let them sign something that allows the data to be used by wikipedia and
> that should cover osm as well.

Well no, Mike, I don't think so.  What rights a publisher grants to
Wikipedia has nothing to do with what rights a publisher grants to
OpenStreetMap.  Wikipedia has no ownership interest in OpenStreetMap,
nor vice-versa.

Eric, please do take advantage of the imports@ and imports-us@ lists.
You'll need to clear your plan and each step with them as you
investigate, as well as talk-us at .

The verbal permission is a good start.  See if you can get it in
writing.  Others have had email with permission to publish the email,
then add it to the wiki.