[OSM-legal-talk] Review of IndianaMap as potential datasource

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 19 15:19:54 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 8:00 PM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

> Well no, Mike, I don't think so.  What rights a publisher grants to
> Wikipedia has nothing to do with what rights a publisher grants to
> OpenStreetMap.  Wikipedia has no ownership interest in OpenStreetMap,
> nor vice-versa.

If wikipedia is granted rights, it is not exclusive, if the data is under a
public domain or creative commons then osm can use it. There is no data on
wikipedia except fair use pictures that cannot be used in osm.

mike

--
James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://www.flossk.org