[OSM-legal-talk] ODBL and imports

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 12:00:44 UTC 2014

I've been thinking about this for quite some time, but have not been
able to come up with anything useful so please help me. I think we
have a big problem with the choice of CT + ODBL, it is very unclear to
people that ODBL data can not be uploaded to Openstreetmap. It's
obvious that the data is licensed as ODbL, but the issue that all
contributors must agree to CT is a bit  hidden

The first question is exactly what license should I ask people to
license their data as, if I'm supposed to beable to use it in OSM? The
second is if should be made clear that we do not accept ODBL licensed
data.

One example which seemed the most simple way to do it to me, but
suggestions on how to do this easier is very appreciated:
http://www.mapillary.com/osm.html
http://www.mapillary.com/legal.html

Have a nice weekend!
--