[OSM-legal-talk] ODBL and imports

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 14:17:10 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:

> - which leads to the question -should- you import ODbL licenced data.
> Obviously the answer to that is highly subjective, my position is that I
> wouldn't, but others may differ.

So, you mean that the main objection to import ODBL data is a future
licence change. But I remember some past messages here or elsewhere
that the licence process is so heavy and requires so high acceptance
that a licence change is almost impossible... (note that this argument
would invalidate all types of third party licences and finally all
imports).

Pieren