[OSM-legal-talk] Attribution

Jake Wasserman jwasserman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 19:26:08 UTC 2014

> > or giving data back when you fix things.

This is a gross oversimplification of share-alike. And the imperfections in
the license extend beyond geocoding. I don't want to rehash the arguments,
as Alex Barth did <http://stateofthemap.us/session/more-open/> very
eloquently at State of the Map US. Let's just not pretend the requirements
are "simple", "tiny", or "little", but are instead complex and sweeping.

In any case, I agree with the larger point that OSM data users must comply
with the rules as they exist and we should publicly call out their
violations.

-Jake