[OSM-legal-talk] Attributing OpenStreetMap at Mapbox

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Wed Apr 30 18:48:57 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Alex Barth <alex at mapbox.com> wrote:
> I just posted a writeup on my diary on how we're attributing OpenStreetMap
> at Mapbox.
[ ... ]
[ and from the blog ]
> (c) Mapbox (c) OpenStreetMap links to https://www.mapbox.com/about/maps with a full listing of all sources.
[ ... ]
> Looking
> forward to feedback.

I feel that the attribution that you currently use provides
insufficient recognition for OpenStreetMap.

A rough equivalent would be to refer to your company or one of your
products, but then link to

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Commercial_OSM_Software_and_Services

Your choice of attribution is probably okay based on a strict reading
of the current guidance in the wiki.  I feel that we should change
that guidance and require a more prominent, and individualized
attribution for OpenStreetMap.