[OSM-legal-talk] YouTube videos

Martijn van Exel mvexel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 22:39:16 UTC 2014

I’m having someone look into it - worthwhile if you see how many road geeks post lengthy drive videos on YouTube.
Stuff like this —> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUWolPiisu4 and the link I posted earlier. Here is a CC-BY one which would be OK to use —> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfE9xUH3wGk
--
Martijn van Exel

From: Alex Barth <alex at mapbox.com>
Reply: Licensing and other legal discussions. <legal-talk at openstreetmap.org>>
Date: August 7, 2014 at 11:11:31 AM
To: Licensing and other legal discussions. <legal-talk at openstreetmap.org>>
Subject:  Re: [OSM-legal-talk] YouTube videos

I've in the past used information from Youtube videos in rare instances. For example to confirm the surface quality of a road. Facts aren't copyrightable. I'd love to hear a more qualified person's opinion though.