[OSM-legal-talk] YouTube videos

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Aug 8 08:48:43 UTC 2014

Am 05.08.2014 20:25, schrieb Martijn van Exel:

> Note that YouTube users can also choose a CC-BY license - which should
> be compatible with ODbL. But the default is the Standard YouTube License
> outlined above.
CC-BY is not per se compatible. We need (and I believe this is still the
case with 4.0) explicit acknowledgement that the way that we provide
attribution is OK and that we do not provide downstream attribution for
individual sources. In the past it has been reasonably easy to get that
from institutional sources, but it does imply adding the source to our
contributors list etc. something that we would likely want to avoid in
the 1000s.

Simon