[OSM-legal-talk] [Talk-ca] Nouvelle licence de données ouvertes au Québec

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Feb 27 11:27:19 UTC 2014

Am 27.02.2014 01:03, schrieb Luis Villa:
> Note that this is a substantially different task for 4.0 than for 3.0,
> because 4.0 (particularly BY-SA) now includes a database copyleft
> clause. Assessing how the ODBL and CC BY-SA 4.0 database clauses
> interact will be challenging. OSM/Open Data Commons could simplify the
> problem by declaring that CC 4.0 is a "compatible license" under ODBL
> 4.4(a)(iii), but there would still be some complexities

To be clear, this is something that we (as in the OSMF) clearly would
NOT want to happen as it would have the effect of removing the
contractual nature (see ODbL 1.0 2.1c) of the ODbL in legislations that
do not have sui generis database rights. The only thing we are
interested in is the case of CC by 4.0 as an input licence (while CC
by-SA x.x in principle could work too, using share alike data as an
input is a not an option for other reasons).

Simon