[OSM-legal-talk] [NUUG kart] [Imports] N50 imports from Kartverket (The Norwegian Mapping Authority)

Tor torsm.news at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 17:38:05 UTC 2014

23. juni 2014 kl. 08:35 skrev Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>:

> Hi,
>
> On 06/23/2014 02:30 AM, N/A N/A wrote:
>> As far as I can see it ODbL section 4.3 would actually require OSM to
>> credit them in one way or another,
>
> Yes, but CC-BY does not say "in one way or another", it says:
>
> "... in any reasonable manner requested by the Licensor"
>
> which means that Kartverket get so say how they want to be attributed.
> CC-BY goes on to say
>
> "in any reasonable manner based on the medium, means, and context in
> which You Share the Licensed Material."
>
> but saying "the context is OSM and therefor the reasonable manner is to
> list them on our copyright page" might be far-fetched.
>
> That's why we usually double check with the licensor if our kind of
> attribution is ok with them, instead of just saying "I don't see any
> problems" and continuing ;)

In the case of Kartverket, the licensing should be OK because:
1. Kartverket has confirmed that we can integrate their data.
2. Kartverket has confirmed that attribution on a single page
with a list of contributors is sufficient.
3. Kartverket has been added to the list of contributors:
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#Kartverket_.
28Norwegian_Mapping_Authority.29>.

Are there any disagreements here?