[OSM-legal-talk] ODbL question regarding navigation data

Henning Hollburg henning.hollburg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 12:38:30 UTC 2014

Hi

A few days ago I posted this question on help.openstreetmap.org. People
suggested I should ask for advice in this mailing list.

* “I found a navigation application based on OpenStreetMap data. The
application is enriching OSM data with the companies own data to provide
better navigation.*

*The company is promoting this on it's website. Also I wrote a mail to the
developer support. They confirmed to me that they combine OSM data and
their own data and use it for the navigation app.*

*Asking if that wouldn't mean it has to be published according to the ODbL
I never recieved an answer. This made me a bit suspicious so I sent other
mails to the company asking for the data in terms of ODbL. After a couple
of weeks I still did not get any answer.*

*At least I'd wish to get an explanation [from the company] why the company
doesn't have to publish their data according to ODbL. But I never get an
answer. What to do?*

*Is there a formal procedure to request the data to be published?”*

https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/37454/odbl-what-if-company-refuses-to-publish-its-data-according-to-odbl.

Thank you

Henning Hollburg