[OSM-legal-talk] Any expert CC-BY -> ODbL negotiators?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 01:04:48 UTC 2015

Huh. Really? Did I completely misunderstand this?
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/GettingPermission

My understanding was that when you import data into OSM, you assign special
permission to the OSMF to re-license the data under ODbL, so you need more
than just CC-BY licensing to begin with. Did something change, or have I
just been mistaken for a long time?

Steve