[OSM-legal-talk] City of Victoria BC Canada Open Data Licence

Simon Norris snorris at hillcrestgeo.ca
Thu Dec 17 21:54:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

The City of Victoria BC publishes various open geographic data that may be
valuable to OSM. Building footprints was my initial interest but there is
actually a fairly wide selection of geographic data.
http://www.victoria.ca/EN/main/city/open-data-catalogue.html

This is their licence:
http://www.victoria.ca/EN/main/city/open-data-catalogue/open-data-licence.html

It looks like the attribution requirement might make the import a problem -
but I've never done an import or evaluated licensing.  Feedback from others
with more experience would be welcome... do you think an import is worth
pursuing?

thanks
Simon