[OSM-legal-talk] Travel Channel + OSM

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Wed Feb 25 00:32:08 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 2:59 PM, alyssa wright <alyssapwright at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Someone from the Travel Channel contacted me about using OpenStreetMap
> tiles in an upcoming show but wanted to see if they could attribute OSM in
> the ending credits rather than on the map. I was wondering if there were
> any thoughts on this?

If I understand it correctly, they only want to show a video of OSM map
tiles, although they would be created through graphics processing onto the
video. From my non-legal opinion that makes sense. But it would be nice to
get a mention during the display of the map. Also, I noticed on the Travel
Channel's website, they use Google maps. I would like to see them use OSM
maps on the shows website, assuming they create one, when OSM is used on
the show.

I've reached out to a friend, an NYC professor of film editing for help. I
believe she is traveling right now so I don't know when I'd get an reply.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us