[OSM-legal-talk] OSM based GPS navigations and ODbl license of OSM data

Karel Charvat Charvat.K at seznam.cz
Wed Jan 7 07:36:17 UTC 2015

If you are using OSM data for routing, you must do some modifications to
obtain routable network with correct topology. I think creating this
routable network from original OSM data means creating Derivative Database,
even if you are not adding any new information into data set. Routable
network based on OSM data contains much more road segments than original
data set.