[OSM-legal-talk] Using OSM data without modifying - are there any guidelines?

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Sat Jun 27 08:23:27 UTC 2015

Simon Poole wrote:
> As the name of this list says it is "legal talk" (aka yapping
> without consequence) ... not "get-help-from-the-OSMF".

With my list admin hat on, I think that's a little harsh. Often, as you say,
queries can be "resolved by pointing to the relevant published guidelines"
and there's no reason why the community can't do this on this list - or on
help.osm.org, or wherever - rather than burdening LWG with the task of
fielding so many routine enquiries.

legal-talk@ is not a bad first port of call. It is indeed only a -talk list
but we don't necessarily need to bite people who come to talk.

cheers
Richard