[OSM-legal-talk] Proposed "Metadata"-Guideline

Steve Coast steve at asklater.com
Fri Oct 9 19:07:28 UTC 2015

I designed a license concept that’s relevant as an alternative way of thinking about this:

	http://stevecoast.com/2015/09/30/license-ascent/

On a different note: It’s a false dichotomy to compare OSM and Public Domain, it’s really about comparing buying a proprietary map (which the OP didn’t mention that I saw) and OSM. If you want all these rights, you can just pick up the phone and pay HERE or TomTom for them, they’d love to hear from you. From that standpoint OSM looks wonderful of course.

Best

Steve