[OSM-legal-talk] Proposed "Metadata"-Guideline

Tom Lee tlee at mapbox.com
Tue Oct 13 17:54:38 UTC 2015

Certainly that's a related issue, but it's one with solutions.
OpenAddresses is not monolithic; its 1400+ individual datasources would
need to be evaluated individually and in concert with local mappers. In
some cases it might be appropriate to perform automated imports; in others
it might make sense to use a microtasking interface and/or to combine the
workflow with building-tracing tasks. In some cases the source data
includes footprints as well. And in others the data probably shouldn't be
imported at all.

It's not a trivial amount of work, but it's a project I and a number of
other people would be glad to dive into, if OSM was a better home for
geocoding.