[OSM-legal-talk] Any expert CC-BY -> ODbL negotiators?

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at latuviitta.fi
Tue Sep 1 11:29:09 UTC 2015

Steve Bennett <stevagewp at ...> writes:

> Hi all,  I've been trying to convince the state government of Victoria
(southeast Australia) to allow their VicMap raw data to be imported into
OSM. It's currently CC-BY, and they've told me they're happy in principle
for it to be used this way, but they're uncomfortable making the recommended
statement "DELWP has no objections to geodata derived in part from Vicmap,
either traced from Vicmap map products, or directly from spatial extracts,
being incorporated into the OpenStreetMap project geodata database and
released under a free and open license".

Hi,

Have you noticed that there are already quite many Australian datasets
including Victorian Government data listed here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#Contributor_specific_attribution_and_disclaimer

-Jukka Rahkonen