[OSM-legal-talk] Geocoding as produced work

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Sep 24 07:27:22 UTC 2015

Come on Alex.

If you accidentally publicly use a produced work or a derivative
database that is linked somehow with sensitive data and if somebody
actually asks you for the underlying data and if for legal (privacy) or
business reasons you can't hand out the non-OSM data part (lots of ifs),
you are in violation of the licence terms and you cease to have a
licence for the OSM derived data in question. However you can reinstate
your rights under the licence by rectifying the situation (stopping to
use the data publicly), which shouldn't be an issue since, as you
stipulate, the use is accidental.

Simon