[OSM-legal-talk] Response regarding use of PSMA Administrative Boundaries (Australia)

cleary osm at 97k.com
Fri Jul 8 01:15:17 UTC 2016

The issue of using the Australian PSMA Administrative Boundaries in OSM
was discussed in both talk-au and legal-talk lists.  Subsequently I
submitted a request to the Spatial Unit, Department of Prime Minister
and Cabinet, seeking permission and stating the issues as clearly as I
could.  Today I received the following response with my initial request
shown below.

It explicitly states we are not responsible for the actions of
downstream users  but I think we need the legal-talk group to clarify if
the response helps us.  For this reason, this response is being
submitted to both lists.