[OSM-legal-talk] Australian Government Data from data.gov.au

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Wed Jun 29 20:49:21 UTC 2016

Am Di, 28.06.2016, 12:51 schrieb Simon Poole:
> We cannot restrict how our data is used outside of the
> ODbL terms. While we might not be adding personal information,
> downstream that may well happen.

Let's change ODbL and allow different BY-attributes. That would solve
much of problems. Actually, it's the common practice in science and
commercial data:

"(C) OpenStreetMap, with subsets of data.gov.au, BKG Germany & xyz"

CC-BY still allows any mapper to change the data and to do whatever
he/she wants.