[OSM-legal-talk] Australian Government Data from data.gov.au

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Wed Jun 29 21:26:24 UTC 2016

Am Mi, 29.06.2016, 22:58 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

> just that this list becomes very long, see
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors

You wouldn't see "data.gov.au" in a German map extract of course.
I just wasn't creative enough to add data from one spatial area :)

"(C) OpenStreetMap, Vermessungs- und Katasteramt Dortmund,
Amt für Geoinformation, Liegenschaften und Kataster Bochum"

That's common practice in the real world.

> Should everyone who renders a map have to analyze which imported data
> is  used in the work? Why not listing the osm usernames that
> contributed as well?

Oh come on, that's no valid argument. A script can handle this and
output the source of the data imported into this area. Nobody would
need to analyse the data on its own.