[OSM-legal-talk] Australian Government Data from data.gov.au

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 10:31:30 UTC 2016

> Am Mi, 29.06.2016, 23:46 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:
> > Is there still need to attribute the original creator?
>
> In my opinion that's what CC-BY is all about. You're allowed to change
> it, but you still need to tell the name of the licensee.

Examples:
E1
v1 import 1 node, amenity=place_of_worship, name=Foo
v2 move the node slightly

in this case, I think is clear that you would have to attribute

E2
v1 import 1 node, amenity=place_of_worship, name=Foo
v2 move the node significantly (e.g. 30 km)

in this case I think you rather wouldn't continue to attribute the original
dataset

E3
v1 import 1 node, amenity=place_of_worship, name=Foo
v2 copy tags, delete the node, draw a way, paste the tags

do you have to attribute?
What if the name was corrected to "Foobaz" in step 2?
Is the situation different if you don't delete the node but make it part of
the new way?

E4
v1 import 1 node, amenity=place_of_worship, name=Foo
v2 remove tags and add amenity=fuel, name=Foo23, move the node 100 m

do you still have to attribute?

Do you always have to attribute once something got imported, even if there
a no (visual) traces of this import any more? E.g. you could say that all
following contributions built on what was there at a time.

Cheers,
Martin