[OSM-legal-talk] Australian Government Data from data.gov.au

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 10:52:52 UTC 2016

> > Do you always have to attribute once something got imported, even if
> there
> > a no (visual) traces of this import any more? E.g. you could say that all
> > following contributions built on what was there at a time.
>
> Sorry, but that's a very hard discussion and English isn't my native
> language.

I was only insisting because you had written "A script can handle this and
output the source of the data imported into this area. Nobody would
need to analyse the data on its own."

it isn't easy to do this properly, you would have to analyse the data and
make judgements. A script could do it, but it would have to be a very
complex analysis and you would have to put a lot of judgement into the
rules of this script. Two different scripts would likely make different
judgements.

Cheers,
Martin