[OSM-legal-talk] Australian Government Data from data.gov.au

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Thu Jun 30 12:00:35 UTC 2016

On Thursday 30 June 2016, Tobias Wendorff wrote:

> Tons of others? There aren't many datasources, which will be CC-BY or
> equal.

You can bet that once this was implemented every marginally narcissistic
mapper would stop genuine mapping and start releasing his/her work
under CC-BY...

Like most of the other suggestions to change the license this would mean
abolishing the basic social contract behind OSM.

> But okay, let's convince the authorities to bury their "BY" somewhere
> on our osm.org page :)

Last time i checked i was able to vote for the authorities of my
choosing...

Otherwise - if they don't want their data in OSM - their loss.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/