[OSM-legal-talk] Use of data from the Malaysian government Open Data portal

Jangan Kacau projekopenstreetmap at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 09:45:15 UTC 2016

Hello.

I was informed that here (the legal-talk mailing list) would be the best place to discuss about this matter.

Recently, the data portal has released a list of route reference numbers, which can be accessed from the link: http://data.gov.my/view.php?view=921 and I would like to use it to update OSM.

The terms of usage is originally in the Malay language as stated in http://data.gov.my/folders/others/TermaPenggunaan.pdf. So I have requested an English translation from the related government agency which can be viewed here: http://1drv.ms/1nqOwFk.

I wonder if it is compatible with ODbL? I would be very glad to know about its compatibility - because if it is not so, then I could inform the Malaysian mappers to not use it for updating OSM.