[OSM-legal-talk] ECJ confirmed 96/9/EG for printed maps

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 12:24:09 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Am 13.03.2016 um 13:01 schrieb Tobias Wendorff <tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de>:
>
> I'm seeing a problem in the formulation: it might be not correct to call
> a map a "produced work" anymore.

what other things besides maps can be produced from our db? Not many (yes, you. could make "lists", but they're DBs as well). In the end, something like a carpet or a tshirt or a bag are just objects to apply a map on. FWIW, our guidelines even define electronically stored databases as produced works in some circumstances (e.g. garmin maps).

cheers,
Martin