[OSM-legal-talk] licenses suitable for import

Dale Kunce dale.kunce at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 17:52:17 UTC 2016

I'm very curious about the cc-by compatibility. The Red Cross is doing a
very large mapping project in West Africa, ground truthing a lot of the
data created by remote mappers during ebola. As part of the project we want
to release the data both in OSM and in a more complete form (not all data
gathered is appropriate for osm) on HDX. Our original thinking was to
double license the data, Cc-by 4.0 for HDX with an explicit license for
OSM.

What is the best route for organizations to do something like this. From
this thread I can see the need for a checklist or at the very minimum a
wiki page with sample language. Forgive me if this already exist I haven't
found anything online yet.

Dale