[OSM-legal-talk] Licence compatibility Approval Request: Open Data Licence for the Sunshine Coast Regional District (B.C., Canada)

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Wed Mar 8 03:03:01 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I've had a request to improve the stream and trail data around Gibsons
BC using data from the Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD
http://www.scrd.ca/data-download). Their license
(http://www.scrd.ca/scrd_disclaimer) seems to permits this.

Stewart on the Talk-CA list suggested I get their license approved by
the OSM's Licensing Working Group.  Is this the place to get that
approval or do I need to go somewhere else?

And FYI, Alan over on Talk-CA recommmended that I get the SCRD to add
the following to their license:

     "Data available at the Sunshine Coast Regional District's Open Data
Portal site under the following location:
http://www.scrd.ca/data-download is released in accordance with the
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of British Columbia."

just to remove any confusion over the stated Exemption:

     "This licence does not grant you any right to use:
     Information or Records not accessible under the Freedom of
Information and Protection of Privacy Act (B.C.);"

   Thanks!

--
Best Regards,
Brent Fraser