[OSM-legal-talk] Rentals

Jahnell info at etsafrica.co.za
Mon Mar 13 08:17:31 UTC 2017

Good Morning.  I trust that you are well

My name is Jahnell and I need your advice.

I'm currently renting at a flat and I recently experienced a break and the
people cleaned me out.

I notified the agency and they said unfortunately there is nothing they can
do about it. I then notified them that I am terminating my lease agreement
with Immediate effect and I will be moving out end of the month of March as
I do not feel safe anymore.

When I moved in I paid a deposit amount of R3500. They mentioned that I am
liable for the following:

Agent Commission - R750

Cancelation fee - R1500

April rent, if they do not find a tenant for the place - R2500

The agreement signed between us stipulates all of the above but if there is
any way possible, I'd like to find an alternative solution. My lease expires
30 September 2017.

Could you kindly please advise on how I can handle this supported by the
Consumer Protection Act of South Africa or anything relating to that

Thank You

Regards

Jahnell Rangwato

ETS Emergency Training Solutions (Pty) Ltd.

Tel:   +27 16 363 0253/4

Fax:  +27 16 363 1550

Office cell: 074 347 3771

Email:  info at etsafrica.co.za <mailto:info at etsafrica.co.za>

Web address:  <http://www.etsafrica.co.za/> www.etsafrica.co.za

This message may contain information which is confidential or private in
nature, some or all of which may be subject to legal privilege. If you are
not the intended recipient, you may not read, use, distribute, copy or act
in reliance of this message or any file which may be attached. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail, facsimile or telephone and thereafter return and/or delete it from
your system. ETS EMERGENCY TRAINING SOLUTIONS (Pty) Ltd accepts no liability
(to the fullest extent permitted by law) for opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message which do not relate to its official business. No
contracts or official orders shall be concluded by means of this e-mail.
This message was scanned for viruses before being sent.

---