[OSM-legal-talk] ACT CC BY waiver

Andrew Harvey andrew at alantgeo.com.au
Tue May 30 05:25:23 UTC 2017

I contacted the ACT Government to see if they could complete the CC BY
waiver form as provided at
https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2017/03/17/use-of-cc-by-data/. We have
previous correspondence at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Attribution/Australian_Capital_Territory
from which the local community I believe has started using ACT
Government data, but now we have a proper waiver form I wanted to make
sure everything was in order.
The ACT Government have come back that point (1) in the waiver regarding
attribution is okay but they can't agree to point (2) in the waiver. How
important is having the data provider agree to both of these points?
What does this mean for any data already imported into OSM from this
source? Will it need to be removed?