[OSM-legal-talk] Using screenshots from OpenStreetMap

Payne, Tony tony.payne at siemens.com
Tue Oct 31 14:32:50 UTC 2017

Hi everybody,

I work for a large company and would like to use some screenshots as background images in an application we sell to third parties (Local Councils mostly). I am keen that there is no breach of regulations but can't tell from reading, whether this is permissible or whether we need to purchase some sort of licence. We can make reference to OpenStreetMap on each of the images if needs be, but can't make the application accessible to the public.

With best regards,
Tony Payne

Siemens plc
RC-GB MO MM-ITS PDEL SOL
Sopers Lane
Poole BH17 7ER, United Kingdom
Fax: +44 1202 782032
Mobile: +44 7808 823806
mailto:tony.payne at siemens.com
www.siemens.co.uk<http://www.siemens.co.uk>
www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife<https://siemens.com/ingenuityforlife>
[www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife]
Siemens plc registered office: Faraday House, Sir William Siemens Square, Frimley, Camberley, GU16 8QD. Registered no: 727817, England.

This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee please note that any distribution, reproduction, copying, publication or use of this communication or the information is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact us immediately and also delete the communication from your computer.