[OSM-legal-talk] Licensing question

merspieler merspieler at airmail.cc
Thu Aug 1 10:12:39 UTC 2019

Hello,

I've got a question about licensing.

I'm using a program called Osm2city [1] that generates scenery for the
flight gear flight simulator(FGFS) [2].

To be on the safe side, I've currently released the results under the
WTFPL which isn't a big deal for me but FGFS is GPL2 only and it's
impossible, to get anything packaged with it, that's not GPL2.

So my question: May I release the results under the GPL2 (if needed with
dual licensing)?

This may affect others as well, as I'm not the only one, who's
generating any scenery but I haven't seen any licensing statement for
their work.
A list of this work is available on our wiki[3].

Example results can be downloaded as well from the wiki page[3].

[1] https://gitlab.com/fg-radi/osm2city
[2] http://www.flightgear.org/
[3] http://wiki.flightgear.org/Areas_populated_with_osm2city_scenery

regards,