[OSM-legal-talk] Copy information from official business website (WAS: Proposal for a revision of JA:Available Data)

Kathleen Lu kathleen.lu at mapbox.com
Tue Jul 9 16:32:02 UTC 2019

Re the "misleading" license - I do not think that anyone at Tesco who wrote
that to cover the entire website was thinking of how it would specifically
apply to the hours of shops, as opposed to, for example, a phishing site
that attempted to emulate the Tesco site.
The different with the Sacramento open data portal is that clearly they
intended to apply CC-BY to the data. Now, that said, I doubt that the
Sacramento data administrators knew that CC-BY and ODbL are not fully
compatible. This is a case where one might write in and obtain a waiver.