[OSM-legal-talk] How to get geolocation without problem into Wikidata

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon May 13 23:08:45 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 14. May 2019, at 00:14, Kathleen Lu via legal-talk <legal-talk at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
> If by "Each wikidata people repeat this operation manually." you mean that each individual Wikipedia editor makes their own decision about whether to copy the lat/long, and it is not a coordinated or automated effort (not a "systematic attempt to aggregate" per the Geocoding Guidelines), then it is allowed.

how could Wikidata not be considered a coordinated effort? I mean he is asking here, people are making plans how to proceed, how can this be „not coordinated“? Isn’t a plan to operate „individually“ already a kind of coordination (purposefully crafted to circumvent the licensing provisions)?

Cheers, Martin