[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] I added MAPS.ME to list of entities using OSM data illegally (without proper attribution)

Nuno Caldeira nunocapelocaldeira at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 18:36:12 UTC 2019

Sadly i have contacted them before. Not fixed.

Also keep in mind that Moveit lists us  as "partners", which we
obviously don't https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tranzmate

Karta also does not
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kartatech.karta.gps
and the funny thing is that the company behind the app also provides
this https://ndrive.com/product/osm/ which i wonder if their "work" they
do is license compliance and where can we get it to import to OSM (as
this must be shared under the same license). read the describtion on
their website

Fatmap replied me they used multiple sources (where have i heard that),
told me they are working with OSM (asked with whom twice, they never
replied) and with Mapbo to fix it.

Speaking of attribution, here's a great example by Microsoft Bing maps,
that has attribution based on the zoom level, they seem to be using OSM
buildings and HERE roads
https://www.bing.com/maps?cp=39.97203083116834~-8.634339&lvl=10&style=r&FORM=BMLOGO

Up until they got contacted by OSMF to fix the attribution, nothing will
happen and won't comply. They do not reply or give lazy excuses when a
contributor approaches them