[OSM-legal-talk] Using OSM data to create our own OSRM API inhouse

Shahnur Islam ShahnurIslam at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Apr 6 10:55:47 UTC 2020

Hi,

We've recently started experimenting with the OSRM api to see if it was a viable solution create distance and time matrices to use for our own Travelling Sales person algorithm we built.
We're a logistics company so the data we generate will not be used publicly, but before we start using it commercially our procurement team wanted to make sure had all the licensing in place.

I've had a look here https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/Use_Cases#Use_Cases_regarding_the_extraction_of_data_from_OSM_for_various_purposes but couldn't see where this falls and whats required.

So I guess my main questions are .

  1.  Are we allowed to use it for our purpose?
  2.  If so, what licensing do we need to put it in place?

Thanks,
Shan