[OSM-legal-talk] New data source

Cj Malone CjMalone at mail.com
Sat Jan 18 00:56:00 UTC 2020

Thanks Kathleen,

I'll add attribution to the wiki tomorrow.

My current intention isn't to automatically import, but rather generate a report where I can see where OSM names differ, then manually change the names is OSM via JOSM on a per node basis. Similar to https://gregrs.dev.openstreetmap.org/fhrs/ for food hygiene data.

Based on my limited survey of differences in OSM data and SV data, theirs has been more accurate. Not really surprising, since it's there network, and most of the OSM data hasn't been updated since the naptan import nearly a decade ago.

I don't think I will be making the report public, although since the data is not unique to the local bus operator, but rather their service providers. I could make reports for all areas available if desired. https://www.discoverpassenger.com/2019/06/25/open-data-portals-go-ahead-group/

I don't really think this is an import, but rather "machine assisted" (if that's a thing in OSM vocabulary) I will however message the import mailing list to check there opinion on this. And I'll ask them if there is any point moving to the newer tagging method of public_transport=platform, as well as (for legacy reasons) highway=bus_stop.

Thank you