[OSM-legal-talk] OSM Data in wikidata

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Jun 17 09:32:48 UTC 2020

Jun 17, 2020, 10:19 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:

> Am Di., 16. Juni 2020 um 16:00 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Konieczny via legal-talk <> legal-talk at openstreetmap.org> >:
>

>> I opened deletion request for one of items at
>> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Requests_for_deletions#Q76939332
>> and notified the author
>>

> thank you for taking action, I guess this may be a good way to raise awareness, although ultimately I would prefer improving / fixing the attribution and keeping the data rather than removing it.

Though in such case they really should make clear that Wikidata dataset may be
burdened by additional licenses and describe how one may check whatever
given item has additional copyright and copyright-like restrictions.

Again, compare
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Reuse
with
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Reuse (empty page, I have not found