[Local-chapters] Items from this weeks meeting

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 09:24:00 BST 2009

The main discussion this week seemed to centre around what a Local
Chapter is, how it relates to OSM-F, how the OSM-F board sees local
chapters and so on.

Minutes for last weeks meeting can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/View?id=dgdmw5gt_2g4k9qtcv

Minutes for this weeks meeting can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/View?id=dgdmw5gt_3pxhznzhd

It seems to me that the big issue surrounding LC's themselves being
members of OSM-F, or the members of LC's being members of OSM-F is
based on the idea that this could prevent a LC from becoming a more
important organisation than the foundation itself, but I feel this is
ill founded since if everyone was members of OSM-F the votes for the
OSM-F board could be gamed by large LC's in any case.

The problem with requiring LC's or their members to become members of
OSM-F is it unnecessarily complicates things for little or no benefit.

Henk will be doing a wiki page shortly on the pros and cons of various options.