[Local-chapters] Status of OSMF local chapters

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 15:58:14 BST 2010

2010/8/23 Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivan at sanchezortega.es>

> Hi all,
>
> As you may already know, I'm now part of the OSMF board. One of the goals
> of
> the OSMF for this year is to revive local chapters, and I hope we can make
> that happen.
>
> There has been a lack of activity in the chapters front, so in order to
> kickstart them again, I think the best thing to do is hold a small phone
> meeting, and have everyone involved in a (potential) chapter make a very
> brief status report. This way we can have a look at the big picture, and
> decide from there which actions need to be taken.
>
> Is everyone more or less OK with that?

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for bringing this topic up again. My only concern is if the phone
meeting will use the same mechanism as the phone conferences last year (see
the Dial in details section here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/Meetings/24-August-2009).
The problem is that there doesn't seem to be any option for us here in
the Philippines to join that kind of phone meeting.

Regards,

Eugene
OpenStreetMap Philippines Inc.