[Local-chapters] Local Chapters meeting -

Henk Hoff toffehoff at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 17:51:28 GMT 2010

There is a Local Chapters meeting planned later today. Unfortunately I will
not be able to attend this meeting.

The previous meeting we've discussed issues concerning
tasks/responsibilities of Local Chapters and the Foundation.

One of items we didn't discuss is the organisational type of a Local
Chapter. I think we can say that this would preferably be an independant
organisation. However, there is talk within the community that also existing
organisations can become a Local Chapter. Either the organisation itself or
as a committee / department of a larger organisation.

I would like to hear whether this is an option we could work with. If so,
what kind of organisations can be Local Chapters?
- GEO/GIS related organisations (e.g. ERSI user group)
- Open GEO/GIS related organisations
- Open non-GEO/GIS related organisations
- Commercial organisations
- ????

Hope to hear from you all.

Cheers,