[Local-chapters] OpenStreetMap Philippines is planning to incorporate within this year

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 16:13:41 BST 2010

Hello all,

I should've e-mailed this sooner but OpenStreetMap Philippines Inc.
has already been incorporated and recognized by the Philippine
Securities and Exchange Commission last May 28, 2010. We've put up a
page on the OSM Wiki describing the organization:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetMap_Philippines_Inc.

I understand that the OSM U.S. Chapter has also incorporated in April
as well. What this all means is that we really need to restart the
discussions again about what the OSMF and the existing organizations
and potential future chapters want the local chapters relationship to
look like.

Lots of people (like us in the Philippines and USA) are already going
ahead and forming local OSM orgs even without the OSMF's blessing due
to the slow pace of discussions.

Regards,
Eugene

--