[Local-chapters] what chapters and OSMF can do for each other

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Wed Jan 16 15:15:09 GMT 2013

On 1/16/13 9:50 AM, Daniel Kastl wrote:

>> I agree totally with Jaak ... keep it simple. Once it involves financials
>> it gets comlicated. A lot of questions I mentioned before came up during
>> IRC chats, but they came more from OSMF than form local chapters.
>> So personally I think the local chapter issue is an easy one to solve, but
>> the OSMF has to make the final decision, not the local chapters. And
>> probably it never became part of the agenda of a board meeting.
>>
>> Daniel

if that's the consensus, i'm ok with it... but...

i do think that this wg should live on after a local chapters agreement
is finalized
as a place to discuss the relationship between OSMF and the local chapters

and

i do think that OSMF may need to take steps to trademark State of the
Map (SOTM)
if they haven't already, so permission to use SOTM probably does belong
in the
agreement the same as the OSM name & logo

richard