[Local-chapters] Rework local chapter agreement

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Thu Oct 17 00:25:10 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Simon Poole <simon at osmfoundation.org>wrote:

> As agreed at the last LCWG meeting, I've reworked the draft agreement to
> contain most of the changes I proposed, see
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/Agreement
>
> Please review, comment and discuss. The document should not be
> considered the final legal text and insofar you should focus more on the
> general contents and not on specific wording, it will go through a
> formal legal review before being finalized.

Thank you, Simon!

In general I think the agreement is good, because it keeps everything quite
simple and - speaking for the Japanese local "chapter" - there shouldn't be
any issues.

Just let me comment a few points:

   - (4.5) OSM related domains for Japan and also SotM Asia have been
   registered already by OSMF Japan. I think it would be a headache to make a
   request to register domains to OSMF. Also some domains require a local
   postal address.

   - (7.1) and (8.1) This is easy for English-speaking countries, but quite
   unpopular and time-consuming task for others (like Japan), I guess. I think
   some standardized form to fill in a few statistics every year should be
   sufficient. I think the statistics, like memberships, activities, and if
   the the local chapter could raise funds for example, is what the OSMF would
   be interested in, right?

That's all ...
Daniel

--