[Local-chapters] SOTM Local Chapters meeting and what's next

Samaila Alio ilasolthah at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 21:42:57 UTC 2017

Hi Martijn and all,

Thank you for adding me to this mailing list.

I am geographer and I am studying now english at Abdou Moumouni University
of Niamey.
I am co-fonder and president of OSM Niger Community.
The commuinity is not fomally registered. Our activities are based on :

   - traininig stuents and professional of public and private insttitutions;
   - organisation and contribution to mapathons ;
   - organisation of mapping parties sessions;
   - organisation of  sessions mapping camp in other localities of our
   country

all of members are students and we don't have experience of coding or
software creation.
So, our objective are to make people to create data in order to cover
totally the country by mapping.
We don't have a website, we share our activites via Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/Communaut%C3%A9-Openstreetmap-Niger-286598368203969/>
and twitter <http://www.twitter.com/osmniger> pages and more of our post
are in french language.

In addition to OSM Niger, I am also member of Associaton projetEOF
<http://projeteof.org/blog>.
I have experience in remote mapping training and strengthening of technical
and organizational capacities of OSM communities. In this sense I worked in
the side of ProjetEOF in collaboration with Organnisation International de
la Francophonie in subsaharan francophone countries: Lomé, Togo (2015,
2017), Cotonou, Benin (2016), Bouaké Ivory Cost (2016) and the latest
mission in Niamey, Niger (June 2017).

We are interresting to be OSMF local chapter in the future.

Best regards,

--
Samaila
OSM ID: ilasolthah

> Hi all,
>
> To those of you who were already members of the LC mailing list: we had a
> Local Chapters meeting at State of the Map in Aizu-Wakamatsu, where some 35
> mappers from 19 countries came together to share experiences and talk about
> how we can work together more closely in the future. We made a list of
> email addresses and I took the liberty of subscribing all of them to this
> list :)
>
> I have really enjoyed meeting so many of you!
>
> Dorothea has created a summary of our meeting and I encourage you to read
> it. Find it at https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Local_Chapters/
> Congress_201708
>
> I think we all share a strong desire to grow our local communities and
> organize ourselves. Some of us are farther along than others, and there is
> a lot we can learn from each other. That is why I wanted all of us to be
> part of this list, as a communications channel for learning and sharing for
> local organizers.
>
> I know we all just met in person a few weeks ago, but I think it would be
> nice if we could all introduce ourselves and perhaps share in a few lines
> what your local OSM organization or group looks like, and what challenges
> you are facing.
>
> Please forward this email to anyone you can think of who should be part of
> this, too.
>
> Thanks and I hope to hear from you all soon!
>
> Martijn
> OSM Foundation

Samaila ALIO MAINASSARA
@ilasolthah <http://www.twitter.com/ilasolthah>
Skype : ilasoltha
Mobile (NE): +227 98 39 32 31 | +227 90 39 19 21

*Communauté OpenStreetMap Niger *
Président, Chef d’équipe de coordination et  d’opération
Membre de l’Association Projet Espace OSM Francophone
<https://projeteof.org/blog>
facebook
<https://web.facebook.com/Communaut%C3%A9-Openstreetmap-Niger-286598368203969/>
<https://www.mappingforniger.wordpress.com> |