[Local-chapters] Presentation of OSM Argentina local chapter request and FOSS4G conference candidacy

karansutha suthakaran karansuthakaran at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 12:59:12 UTC 2019

Congratulations Gonzalo,
Best Regards,Suthakaran

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, November 22, 2019, 03:23, Rob Nickerson <rob at osmuk.org> wrote:

Congratulations Gonzalo Best regards,
Rob Nickerson
OpenStreetMap United Kingdom
https://osmuk.org/
Follow us @osmuk

On 2019-11-20 11:52, Gonzalo Gabriel Pérez wrote:

Hello everyone, I'm Gonzalo Perez from Buenos Aires. We founded a year ago an association called Geolibres for the legal representation of the local OSM, GeoChicas and Geoinquietos (OSGeo chapter) communities. We are happy to share with you two things: we wish to become an OSMF local chapter and we're working on a FOSS4G conference candidacy for doing this event in Argentina's capital in 2021 as members of Geolibres are also members of OSGeo too. In order of the local chapter application, we're gathering the needed documents as is described in the OSMF website, then we will send them with the full application so any suggestions will be welcomed. About the FOSS4G, we received the support to our candidacy from many companies, organizations and government institutions. If you believe that the local chapters / organizations that you represent would want to give their support, please write us to secretaria (at) geolibres.org.ar (that's in cc) for starting that collaboration. Dorothea gave us an important guidance in the process of the local chapter application, we're grateful. Thank you in advance. Regards,Gonzalo Perez